North Fork Idaho
Escape to North Fork Idaho described by many as simply “Paradise”. Your Gateway to the Frank Church Wilderness Area featuring acres of vast rolling high country meadows, rugged mountain peaks, clear running creeks and miles of hiking/ATV trails, the world famous Salmon River and friendly people to boot!
SHOP at North Fork Idaho
Shopping in North Fork Idaho includes everything from arts & crafts, baked goods, home decor, unique gifts, to cool Idaho souvenirs. A not to miss highlight of the year is North Fork’s Annual “High Country Trail” held in the fall to kick off the Christmas Holiday Shopping Season. 2012 date will be published in June however the tentative date is the first weekend in November.
EAT at North Fork Idaho Restaurants
Seasonal dining is offered in North Fork from May through early November. North Fork Idaho Restaurants offer everything from cafe style fare, pizza and burgers to gourmet dining.
STAY at Peaceful North Fork Idaho Accommodations
Stay in the heart of outdoor recreation and enjoy comfortable accommodations in North Fork Idaho including Bed & Breakfasts, Motels, RV Parks and Campgrounds.
PLAY Year Round Outdoor Recreational Activities
- SPRING & FALL – Salmon, trout and steelhead fishing on the Salmon River and cutthroat trout fishing on the North Fork of Salmon River.
- SUMMER – Salmon River Whitewater River rafting and kayaking, swimming and picnics
- SPRING THROUGH FALL – Horseback Riding, ATV and Hiking Trail Riding
- WINTER – Snowmobiling, Snowshoeing, cross country skiing and downhill skiing.
Friends and Visitors Gather
- NORTH FORK COMMUNITY CHURCH – Sunday Services begin at 9:00 with coffee, treats and fellowship afterwards. All neighbors and visitors to the community are welcome to join our Church Services and bible studies if you are in the area. Click here for more information about North Fork Community Church Services & Bible Study Times
- JANUARY THROUGH END OF MARCH – All are invited (any age) to Pinochle and Cribbage Night at GIA Building in Gibbonsville on Saturday Nights at 6:00. Bring an appetizer or finger food. Coffee, hot tea, hot chocolate and cider is provided. Questions contact Sue 208-865-2005
- JANUARY THROUGH END OF MARCH – 1st Tuesday of every week come for Quilting or Bring Your Own Craft Project and a potluck dish to share at the The Stitchin’ Post (The old Rock Shop) at 1977 Highway 93 No in North Fork Idaho.
- APRIL THROUGH JANUARY – Ladies Auxiliary meets 1st Tuesday of every month at the Stitchin’ Post to visit, enjoy a potluck lunch, and brainstorm ideas.
NORTH FORK IDAHO VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
- North Fork Fire Department – VOLUNTEER FIREFIGHTERS NEEDED! The North Fork Volunteer Fire Department provides structural and wild land fire suppression along with rescue and fire prevention services for North Fork and Gibbonsville Idaho.
- North Fork Ladies Auxiliary is the fundraising arm for the North Fork Fire Department. We invite you to get together and visit, potluck lunch, quilt, brainstorm ideas, and spend time selling raffle tickets at the Ladies Auxiliary booth at the Lemhi County Fair and other public venues. Everyone in the community is involved the annual pancake supper. If you would like more details email Marsha at firstname.lastname@example.org. They also publish the North Fork cookbook. This is a fun time for us all to get together, especially during the long winter months.
NORTH FORK IDAHO FOOD BANK
North Fork is the recipient of Food Bank donations 1st Friday of every month that you may come and partake of at 6:00 pm SHARP at the North Fork Fire Department Community Room at 2066 Hwy 93 No.
LIVE the Serene Country Life
Country Living in North Fork Idaho offers real estate opportunities ranging from secluded mountain homes, waterfront homes on river or creek’s edge, country homes and property all with beautiful surrounding scenic vistas.