Airport & Transportation in and around Salmon Idaho will get you to where you want to be!
- Lemhi County Airport
- River Shuttles
- In town transportation Targhee Regional Public Transportation ? http://www.trpta.org
- Car Rentals
Airport and Transportation in Lemhi County
Fly your personal plane into Lemhi County Airport located 4 miles south of the central business district of Salmon Idaho. This Class B Airport welcomes planes flying in with 12 seats or less. We are proud to be in strict compliance of the FAA, a self-sufficient airport with no local taxes being spent to maintain this airport covering 259 acres with one runway.
- The runway is 60 feet wide by 5150 feet long
- Courtesy car is available for pilots on a first come first serve basis
- Self service fuel is available
- Click here for local hotels which will pick you up and deliver you back to the airport.
- Charter flights available through Salmon Air - including City to City charters, backcountry charters, hunting flights, and breakfast and scenic flights.
You my fly commercially to:
Idaho Falls, Idaho then drive North West on I-15 to Highway 28 into Salmon Idaho approximately 161 miles
Boise, Idaho then drive northeast to Stanley, then take Hwy 93, or Trail Creek Rd through Sun Valley and onto Hwy 93 North into Salmon Idaho, approximately 252 miles – or charter a flight through Salmon Air to Salmon Idaho airport
Missoula, Montana; drive Highway 93 South on this well maintained mostly four lane highway into Salmon Idaho approximately 140 miles. Highway 93 is also the Salmon River Scenic Byway (beginning at the Montana Border the Lost Trail Pass) and follows the famous Salmon River and the Lewis and Clark Trail.
From the north (Missoula Montana) travel Highway 93 South on this well maintained mostly four lane highway. Highway 93 is also the Salmon River Scenic Byway (beginning at the Montana Border the Lost Trail Pass) and follows the famous Salmon River and the Lewis and Clark Trail into Salmon Idaho.
* This scenic byway is a great opportunity to stop and see Lewis & Clark points of interest along the way.